Flow Modeling and Quality of Service Estimation for an Audio & Video Internet Network Architecture
Project Partners: Cegetel, CS Telecom (Compagnie des Signaux), Delta Partners/Anite Group, ENST Paris, INRIA Sophia Antipolis.
The aims of this project was the following:
- Design and development of a hybrid modeling multi-purpose tool based on a performance evaluation tool (DHS) for IP Diffserv networks.
- Analytic modeling of routers and packet scheduling.
- Multimedia traffic sources modeling for MPLS Diffserv networks:
- Poisson process based traffic sources
- Audio (IPP [on-off] model using G711, G726 & G729 codecs)
- Video (MMPP-M model using H261 codec)
- Video (M/G/∞ model using M-JPEG,
- MPEG1[GOP] codecs)
- Data (Telnet, FTP, SNTMP, NNTP, lognormal, pareto, Poisson...)
- TCP (real TCP protocol - Reno and others)
- HTTP (On-Off combinations, HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1)