QoS Design is an independent French software company dedicated to providing innovative solutions that improve the performance of telecommunication networks by using simulation and optimisation techniques.
QoS Design arose from the merger between a research team from the French Public Research Laboratory LAAS-CNRS (www.laas.fr) and a team of specialists with more than 25 years of research experience behind them.
QoS Design’s Engineers are involved in stochastic modelling techniques, traffic theory, optimisation, parallelism and clustering solutions applied to large-scale systems and telecommunication networks. QoS Design’s software products are high quality and feature rich. They are the key solution to master Quality of Service and control large-scale telecommunication networks.
QoS Design has long-standing and efficient partnerships with some of Europe’s most important telecommunication research centers, manufacturers and operators. These include licensed sales, development contracts and collaborative research projects.
QoS Design develops and sells a consistent software suite for network modelling,simulation and planning and supervision. This software suite, called NEST (Network Engineering and Simulation Tool), has been designed for network operators and manufacturers who require tools to estimate Quality of Service, design and re-sizing, optimise routing and resilience, and maximize cost saving on their networks. NEST network planning software provides both unique simulation techniques and powerful network optimization algorithms in a proactive and reactive workbench.
QoS Design proposes several services to support its customers :
- High level courses on several technical and theoretical aspects.
- Software integration in the customer environment.
- Hardware system deployment (database servers, terminals, supervision system, Wall Imaging Systems …).
- Specific software development (customize our product for the client, interconnexion to other systems and database, communication kernel, middleware, interface , new database …).
NEST features the following solutions:
- Simulation & optimization of large scale IP and MPLS networks.
- Full compliance with EGP, IGP & MPLS protocols for large scale networks, and Inter-AS routing policies.
- Detailed modelling of routers, switches, DiffServ, Multimedia traffic patterns, service platforms, etc.
- Various optimizations including IP routing, primary, fast-reroute & backup LSPs, MPLS traffic engineering, resilience, end-to-end protection, etc.
- Unified framework for wired and wireless networks.
- Simulation and planning tool for mobile and DSL access networks.
- The design of complex L2 & L3 VPN topologies.
- Optimization of resource allocation & Traffic Engineering of VPNs at IP & MPLS levels.
- Hybrid simulation technique to accurately estimate the Quality of Service of large scale IP-MPLS networks.
- The design of new traffic sources.
- Analysis of traffic logs, launching simulations and traffic injection in test-bed platforms.
- Design of new network architectures.
- Equipment selection and sizing.
- Project cost optimization under technical, financial & QoS constraints.
- Automatic discovery of IP devices and end-stations.
- IT asset report generation.
- Equipment and traffic loads monitoring.
- Real-time detailed view of network infrastructures for network managers.
- Embedded software probes for traffic injection.
- Traffic matrix estimation.
- Traffic trending.
- Engineering & Planning of SDH/DWDM Optical transmission networks.
- Automated circuit routing algorithms and failure healing processes.
- Detailed cost reporting.
- Simulation and planning environment for FTTx optical access Networks.
- Reproduction of real operator network architectures powered by GIS maps.
- Automatic computation of the civil works and the fiber optic interconnection plans.
- Optimal dimensioning and placement of equipment (concentrators, OLT cards, etc.).
- Detailed cost reporting and work ordering.
- Automatic planning process.
- Automatic interconnection plan to the SDH/DWDM backbone.